NASA Uses COBOL.
And so do:
- Your bank.
- Your insurance company.
- Your government.
COBOL runs your life.
There are new fortune cookies:
- dxtr: Do we have any doctors in here?
- rindolf: dxtr: with Ph.D. or M.D.?
- munik: I have a PhD in Linguistics!
- munik: ^ lie
- munik: :]
- dxtr: rindolf: I don’t care as long as they can treat patients
- rindolf: dxtr: heh.
- munik: :o
- munik: webmd.com
- munik: might be better than #perl
- dxtr: rindolf: That question would be fun in combat. “WE NEED A DOCTOR HERE!” - “PH.D OR M.D!?”
More recommended open source programs have been added to the favourite open source programs page, including Xfce, Pidgin, tmux and htop.
The Cross-platform abstraction libraries is now licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence.
There’s now a list of calculators on the numerical software page.
A greasemonkey script to fix a qa.mandriva.com annoyance has been added to the Greasemonkey scripts section. Furthermore, the remove “from=rss” script was updated to deal with the even more obnoxious “from=rss” suffix in recent URLs.
I added details of my Acer Laptop to the “Computers’ Specifications” question on the FAQ.
The site’s source page was updated with up-to-date instructions.