Here are the recent updates for Shlomi Fish’s Homepage. I know I have not posted an update to this blog in a while, and in part it’s due to the fact that I have not done as much work on the site as I have before the previous update. But there is still some new things to look forward to.
Sophie: I’m hungry today.
Jack: well, wait until tomorrow - maybe this feeling will pass.
I’m now mirroring the “English is a Crazy Language” bit I found somewhere.
The fifth installment in the Perl for Perl Newbies series of presentations is now available online. This part covers good programming practices such as using a version control system, writing automated tests, and using accessors for objects. As with the previous parts, this talk is licensed under the Public Domain/CC-Zero.
There are new factoids in the factoids collection:
Larry Wall can make shit up, and the computer will understand what he means.
There are also many new UNIX-like fortune cookies:
- buu: PKRUMINS
- rindolf: pKrumins
- pkrumins: BYY
- rindolf: pkrumins: BUU
- rindolf: pkrumins: buu is back.
- pkrumins: rindolf: i know
- rindolf: pkrumins: he said he was close to disappearing.
- pkrumins: WHAT
- pkrumins: buu, is that true
- rindolf: pkrumins: he was sick.
- pkrumins: HE WASNT
- buu: =[
- buu: I was
- pkrumins: HOW
- buu: Genetic defects!
- pkrumins: OH NO
- pkrumins: OH NO NO NO
- mauke: substance abuuse
- buu: Owch
- buu: That joke almost qualifies as abuse
- mauke: now that I've hurt mst and buu, my work for today is done
- pkrumins: you still havent hurt me
- rindolf: mauke: hold on! You haven't hurt me yet.
- buu: haha
- * rindolf is hurt that mauke didn't hurt him.
- rindolf: Oh wait.
- mauke: just as keikaku.
- rindolf: mauke: OK, now your work for today is done.
- pkrumins: NO
I have added a review of Kent Beck’s Test Driven Development: By Example to the recommended books page.
More prominent editors and IDEs were added to the editors and IDEs page.
And as usual, there are many additional links on various pages of the site.