“Selena Mandrake” and Improvements to Other Stories
Here is what’s new on
Homepage since the last update. It’s been a month and there are many
A new work-in-progress screenplay titled
- The Slayer can be found in the stories section. This is a
supernatural dramedie, that is a parody/tribute/spin-off of
Vampire Slayer and some other works of fiction and non-fiction. I have
a pretty good roadmap for what I’d like to write there so I hope to get the
first draft soon.
Selena: This reminds me. I really should update my Mandriva system at home.
I have not in several days, now. And to think I originally had my friend
Aaron install Mandrake Linux for me, because I thought it was cool that
it was called the same as my last name.
Jessica: Heh, maybe you should become Selena Mandriva now.
Jonathan: Or Selena Mageia.
Selena bursts out laughing.
Selena: That sounds like a name of a vampire slayer… or a vampire.
Jonathan: Or both.
Selena: Yeah. I told you about how I was nicknamed “Puffy” and then “Buffy”
during one summer camp, right?
Jessica: Yes, many times.
Selena: Yeah, I found it amusing at the time. For a while afterwards, I
insisted that my friends call me “Buffy” until I realised it was silly, and
reverted back to “Selena”.
I’ve also began translating the second version of my novella
The Human Hacking
Field Guide to Hebrew. One can find
Hebrew translation and its
Fiction-Text source, under CC-by-sa - same licence
as the English original. In addition, I can say that the story is being
Arabic in the OpenDocument format by an Egyptian enthusiast of
open-source software, and more translations will be welcome.
In addition to all that, version 7 of my novella
and How I Helped to Fight It, in Hebrew and English, with many
improvements is now available online. I especially would like to thank
Miriam Erez Translations
for providing some copy-editing work.
Moreover, I explicitly marked
many of the the works of fiction
on the site, the essays,
and the software resources
with a Creative Commons licence. Share and enjoy!
There are some style tweaks, I’ve documented the use of the
emblem, and there are some new
- rindolf: Mithaldu: I think most contemporary T.V. kinda sucks.
- rindolf: Mithaldu: it seems very phony.
- Mithaldu: rindolf: same, i haven’t actually switched on my tv in five years
- rindolf: I prefer a YouTube video of a kitten riding on a turtle.
- rindolf: Mithaldu: :-)
- Mithaldu: :D
- rindolf: Mithaldu: yes.
- rindolf: Mithaldu: there is one, BTW.
- Mithaldu: oh i do not doubt that
- rindolf: Don’t know if it’s authentic.
- rindolf: I saw a friendly cat today, and he purred after I scratched his head.
- rindolf: I like Friendly cats.
- rindolf: I think lolcats are very subversive.
- rindolf: Or were.
- rindolf: “Ceiling cat is watching you”
- Mithaldu: cats are the definition of subversive
- Mithaldu: they adopt you
- rindolf: Mithaldu: heh.
- rindolf: In Soviet Russia, cats own you!
- rindolf: In Soviet Russia, cats are your master!
- rindolf: Well, in Soviet Russia and everywhere.
- kent\n: rindolf: you got it backwards.
- kent\n: In soviet russia, cats are actually your pets.
- Mithaldu: hahaha
- rindolf: kent\n: heh.
- rindolf: kent\n++
- rindolf: I feel better now.
- rindolf: Empowered but calm.
- rindolf: Thanks to the cats jokes.
- Mithaldu: world healing by cat jokes
- rindolf: Hopefully, I’ll sleep well tonight.
- kent\n: Next on the agenda. DICK JOKES!
- rindolf: Mithaldu: cats are good for healing I think.
- rindolf: kent\n: NO!!!!!
- kent\n: ( don’t worry, this won’t take long )
- Mithaldu: yes, as long as you do not own cables
- Mithaldu: kent\n: you mean it won’t BE very long
- Mithaldu: hurr hurr
- rindolf: kent\n: I’ve got 99 problems but kent\n ain’t one.
- kent\n: ;)
Hope you enjoy the new stuff on the site and stay tuned for more.
Current Mood: calm