Fifth Part of Perl for Perl Newbies and New Humour Items
Here are the recent updates for Shlomi Fish’s Homepage. I know I have not
posted an update to this blog in a while, and in part it’s due to the fact
that I have not done as much work on the site as I have before the previous
update. But there is still some new things to look forward to.
There are some new items on the original aphorisms page:
Sophie: I’m hungry today.
Jack: well, wait until tomorrow - maybe this feeling will pass.
I’m now mirroring the
is a Crazy Language” bit I found somewhere.
The fifth installment in the
for Perl Newbies series of presentations is now available
online. This part covers good programming practices such as using a version
control system, writing automated tests, and using accessors for objects. As
with the previous parts, this talk is licensed under the Public Domain/CC-Zero.
There are new
factoids in the
Larry Wall can make shit up, and the computer will understand what he means.
There are also many new
UNIX-like fortune cookies:
- buu: PKRUMINS
- rindolf: pKrumins
- pkrumins: BYY
- rindolf: pkrumins: BUU
- rindolf: pkrumins: buu is back.
- pkrumins: rindolf: i know
- rindolf: pkrumins: he said he was close to disappearing.
- pkrumins: WHAT
- pkrumins: buu, is that true
- rindolf: pkrumins: he was sick.
- pkrumins: HE WASNT
- buu: =[
- buu: I was
- pkrumins: HOW
- buu: Genetic defects!
- pkrumins: OH NO
- pkrumins: OH NO NO NO
- mauke: substance abuuse
- buu: Owch
- buu: That joke almost qualifies as abuse
- mauke: now that I've hurt mst and buu, my work for today is done
- pkrumins: you still havent hurt me
- rindolf: mauke: hold on! You haven't hurt me yet.
- buu: haha
- * rindolf is hurt that mauke didn't hurt him.
- rindolf: Oh wait.
- mauke: just as keikaku.
- rindolf: mauke: OK, now your work for today is done.
- pkrumins: NO
I have added
review of Kent Beck’s Test Driven Development: By Example
to the recommended books page.
The ABC Path game's generator module is now being mentioned
in the Games ABC Path page, and the solver
More prominent editors and IDEs were added to the
and IDEs page.
And as usual, there are many additional links on various pages of the site.
Current Mood: happy